Terms & Conditions
Subject to these Terms and Conditions you may be eligible to receive a refund up to the full purchase price of your qualifying HP product.
- The HP Buy and Try Promotion is valid on new purchases of HP Elite X2 1012 computers (“Qualifying Products”) from authorised HP Resellers, made during the promotional period 17th June 2016 to 31st July 2016. For full details please see the Qualifying Products page
- The promotion is open to businesses or organisations operating in mainland UK and Northern Ireland only. This offer is not open to employees of HP (HP), their agents, wholesalers, resellers, retail staff, retailers, participating stockists or anyone connected with the promotion. Claims must be submitted by the end user customer only. Resellers may not submit claims on behalf of their customers.
- This offer may not be combined with any other promotion.
- You must register for the promotion online within 14 calendar days of purchasing a Qualifying Product. For the avoidance of doubt, the day on which you are invoiced for your Qualifying Product will count as day one (1).
- Participants are required to upload proof of purchase in the form of a sales invoice or receipt clearly detailing the purchase of the Qualifying Product, the purchase date, purchase price and reseller name.
- If you are not satisfied with your Qualifying Product, you can claim a refund equivalent to the price paid for the Qualifying Product (excluding VAT & delivery charges) by returning to claim on this website and returning your Qualifying Product to us within 90 days from the date of purchase. We recommend sending your product 7 days ahead so that it is received within the timeframe.
- Only one claim per qualifying product purchased and a maximum of 3 claims per business or household.
- On approval of your claim, you will receive a pre-paid postage label. Qualifying Products must be returned complete with a copy of your claim form.
- Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt. HP cannot accept liability for any applications or computers lost, damaged or destroyed in the post. Please note we are unable to accept hand delivery.
- Prior to sending the Qualifying Product, it is the customer’s responsibility to delete all data from the hard drive and any other storage media, for example: memory card, USB storage devices etc. HP will have no responsibility for any data or media left on the device.
The Qualifying Product must be returned in a good condition in order to be eligible for a full refund. If the returned product is found to be damaged it may result in the refund being re-valued in line with the condition of the product. Good condition is defined as:
- Complete and undamaged
- Complete with original packaging and all accessories
- Qualifying Product sent that does not meet the requirements may be rejected or subject to revaluation. We will notify you via email if your Qualifying Product is revalued, you will have 7 days to accept or decline the revised offer. If you do not respond within the 7 day period, the Qualifying Product will be returned to you and the claim will be voided.
- You must be the rightful owner of your returned product at the time of claiming in order to participate in this promotion.
- Applications will be screened for validity to ensure that the transaction made is a bona fide purchase of the Qualifying Product.
- Products purchased through a loan, hire purchase or credit agreement arranged through the qualifying retailer or reseller are not eligible. The full title holder must be the individual who registers for the promotion and makes any subsequent claim.
- Provided that the terms and conditions of this promotion have been met, a payment for the relevant amount will be paid to you by bank transfer within 30 days from validation of your claim.
- This offer is not transferable to another individual or business; claims will only be accepted if they are made by the original purchaser.
- HP Reserves the right to change Qualifying Products during the promotional period.
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for lost or confidential data and software. Upon receipt of the computer, all data will be destroyed. Please note we are unable to retrieve any customer data once a computer has been received. Deletion of all confidential data and information, which are in each case subject to applicable data protection legislation, and are possibly stored on the product to be returned, is the responsibility of the customer.
- HP reserves the right to closely monitor usage of the website, including users IP addresses, so that it may identify misuse, and disqualify applications.
- HP is not responsible or liable for any technical, hardware, software, server, website, or other failures or damage of any kind to the extent that this prevents the participant from or otherwise obstructs him/her in participating in the Promotion.
- The promoter will not refund any additional costs such as the original delivery and installation costs nor any costs associated with a load or credit agreement from the participating retailer or reseller, nor costs in excess of the purchase price.
- If a claim is refused because the terms of the offer have not been met, the promoters decision is final. HP reserves the right to withdraw, amend or terminate the promotion without notice.
- Address for correspondence is HP Elite X2 1012 Buy & Try, PO Box 487, Gateshead, NE8 9BQ
Address for returned computers is ITAD Works, HP Elite Buy & Try, 132 Dunsfold Park, Stovolds Hill, Cranleigh, GU6 8TB.
Promoter: HP Inc UK Ltd., Amen Corner, Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1HN (please do not send any applications or promotion-related correspondence to this address)